Do you make great chili? Do you think your recipe can win a contest? Join us for some fun and friendly competition at the 2015 SE Community Fun Fest Chili Cook-Off Contest! Businesses, individuals & groups are welcomed to enter. Entries are judged by a panel of local judges as well as members of the public for the Peoples’ Choice award. Judging begins at 12:00pm and the public tasting takes place from 12:00pm until 3:00pm.
The Chili Cook-off judging is conducted using the set of rules and guidelines that professional chili cookers follow. These criteria have evolved to meet the high standards required in a fair and impartial judging of chilis. Chili samples will be judged on these criteria:
- Aroma – Chili should exhibit an appetizing aroma
- Consistency – Chili should be a smooth combination of meat and gravy
- Color – Chili should have an appetizing color
- Taste – Chili should taste good
- Aftertaste – Chili should leave a pleasant aftertaste in the mouth after swallowing
Awards will be presented at 4:00pm.
There will also be local vendors featuring tasty treats.